posted transaction not appearing in reconciliation

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

neac

posted transaction not appearing in reconciliation

Post by neac »

I have a transaction that is not appearing in the bank reconciliation.

When I look at Accounting > Fund Accounting > View posted transactions, it is there, but does not show up in bank reconciliation.
The date of the transaction was April 15, 2019. For some reason it is showing the date entered as Today, and Date posted 30 minutes later. I definitely did not enter this transaction today. I did do a Post Transactions command prior to starting the bank reconciliation.

NeilZ

Re: posted transaction not appearing in reconciliation

Post by NeilZ »

neac wrote:I have a transaction that is not appearing in the bank reconciliation.

When I look at Accounting > Fund Accounting > View posted transactions, it is there, but does not show up in bank reconciliation.
The date of the transaction was April 15, 2019. For some reason it is showing the date entered as Today, and Date posted 30 minutes later. I definitely did not enter this transaction today. I did do a Post Transactions command prior to starting the bank reconciliation.
Well, the date posted may have something to do with that. Try unchecking the box at the top of the reconciliation window that will display all unreconciled transactions and you can check it off.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

neac

Post by neac »

I tried that, it's still not there

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

neac wrote:I tried that, it's still not there
That's unusual .... try doing an REINDEX from the Utilities menu, then check again. Let us know what happened.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

neac

Post by neac »

Ok, so it's actually kind of a good thing this happened :lol:
While I was looking into that particular transaction, I discovered that the wrong account was credited when I originally input it into powerchurch. However, I did try the reindex and the transaction appeared in the bank reconciliation.

But, after I reversed the transaction and input it correctly, both the original transaction and the reversal are nowhere to be found in the reconciliation. I tried to reindex again and nothing comes up, not sure if there's really anything I need to do since the original transaction and the reversal cancel each other out.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

neac wrote:Ok, so it's actually kind of a good thing this happened :lol:
While I was looking into that particular transaction, I discovered that the wrong account was credited when I originally input it into powerchurch. However, I did try the reindex and the transaction appeared in the bank reconciliation.

But, after I reversed the transaction and input it correctly, both the original transaction and the reversal are nowhere to be found in the reconciliation. I tried to reindex again and nothing comes up, not sure if there's really anything I need to do since the original transaction and the reversal cancel each other out.
They do cancel each other out, but they should both appear in the Reconcile window, one as a 'deposit' and one as a 'check'. Did you try to uncheck the checkbox at the top of the window?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

neac

Post by neac »

Could it be that it doesn’t appear because the account it originally credited (incorrectly) was not the main operating account? ie 01-1110

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

neac wrote:Could it be that it doesn’t appear because the account it originally credited (incorrectly) was not the main operating account? ie 01-1110
A bit of information we did not have before.

Yes, you are reconciling your checking account. If there was another asset (bank) account used, you'd have to reconcile that account and it would be there.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.