'Background.app' does not exist

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dadcowell

'Background.app' does not exist

Post by dadcowell »

My church runs on Power Church 11.55. Last week we upgraded to V 12 and installed it onto a new laptop.
I have been using a separate laptop and as mentioned above running V 11.55.

V 12 seems to run fine on the first laptop. However, when I try to install and run it on the second laptop (the one that successfully has been running 11.55) I get the message saying File Background App does not exist.

I use Windows 10 64 bit.

How can I fix the above

NeilZ

Re: 'Background.app' does not exist

Post by NeilZ »

dadcowell wrote:My church runs on Power Church 11.55. Last week we upgraded to V 12 and installed it onto a new laptop.
I have been using a separate laptop and as mentioned above running V 11.55.

V 12 seems to run fine on the first laptop. However, when I try to install and run it on the second laptop (the one that successfully has been running 11.55) I get the message saying File Background App does not exist.

I use Windows 10 64 bit.

How can I fix the above
When you installed v12 on the second laptop, how did you install it? Did you use the CD or installation executable? Did it install properly? Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it? The user account on the new laptop it does have Windows admin privileges right?

Also, is each laptop running it as a standalone program, or are you running these on a network? If networked, again how did you install the program to the old laptop?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

dadcowell

Post by dadcowell »

Neil,
Thanks so much for responding so quickly.
V 12 was installed on the first laptop(LT) via the Power Church email link. It was loaded and installed and uninstalled several times on the second LT. First I used the download feature on the Power Church website which gave me the error message. When that failed, I copied the entire folder from the first LT and installed it using the 'Netsetup' program as per the knowledge base. I received the same error message. It seems to install ok until I click the final 'Finish". that's when the error pops up.
As you can see from the above, each LT is running it as stand alone.
Two other notable items: 1. I have 11.55 on the same 'old LT' in another folder. 2. I checked the v12 folder on the old LT and it does indeed have a file called 'Background.app'.

Bill

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

dadcowell wrote:Neil,
Thanks so much for responding so quickly.
V 12 was installed on the first laptop(LT) via the Power Church email link. It was loaded and installed and uninstalled several times on the second LT. First I used the download feature on the Power Church website which gave me the error message. When that failed, I copied the entire folder from the first LT and installed it using the 'Netsetup' program as per the knowledge base. I received the same error message. It seems to install ok until I click the final 'Finish". that's when the error pops up.
As you can see from the above, each LT is running it as stand alone.
Two other notable items: 1. I have 11.55 on the same 'old LT' in another folder. 2. I checked the v12 folder on the old LT and it does indeed have a file called 'Background.app'.

Bill
What version of Windows is that old laptop running?

May I also ask why you're running everything standalone rather than networked ?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.