Family in db, but not found in search

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CCPC

Family in db, but not found in search

Post by CCPC »

So, has anyone else had this problem: There is a family in our database who prints out on reports, directories, etc., but if I use the "Find" feature in the Family Member Mailing List portal, it says, "Family Record: NAME was not found" (The NAME meaning the real surname of the family). When I use the "Find" feature in the Personal Profiles section, it finds them.

I have tripled check to make sure the spelling is correct and have had three other people look to see if they can find anything that I am doing or not doing that could cause this, but none of them can figure it out either.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Leaving for the day now! Wishing everyone a nice weekend.

NeilZ

Re: Family in db, but not found in search

Post by NeilZ »

CCPC wrote:So, has anyone else had this problem: There is a family in our database who prints out on reports, directories, etc., but if I use the "Find" feature in the Family Member Mailing List portal, it says, "Family Record: NAME was not found" (The NAME meaning the real surname of the family). When I use the "Find" feature in the Personal Profiles section, it finds them.

I have tripled check to make sure the spelling is correct and have had three other people look to see if they can find anything that I am doing or not doing that could cause this, but none of them can figure it out either.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Leaving for the day now! Wishing everyone a nice weekend.
I suspect that the Last Name in the Mailing List Household Key has a SPACE before the name as in _JONES. Try entering " JONES" in the search to see if it comes up.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Family in db, but not found in search

Post by Zorak »

Also, verify that the family name is what you think it is.

On the Integrated Data Entry screen, click on the Family Members tab. Click the Locate Profile button found below the family members list. Use that lookup list to find one of the family members and click OK.

Now you are on the family/household record that this person is in. Verify the name that is showing in the Household Key Last Name field.