Online version auto backup

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

tborgal

Online version auto backup

Post by tborgal »

Is there a way to do and automated backup with the online version?
Tom

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Online version auto backup

Post by Zorak »

Unfortunately, you don't have the ability to schedule your own backup routine in PowerChurch Online. We are backing up and copying offsite every 30 minutes for disaster recovery purposes, so you don't need to worry about that type of backup, but for your own strategic backups, you would need to manually create the backup from under Utilities > Backup & Restore.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

Thanks Zorak. Can those local backups be restored to the online version since in the original set up of the online version would not allow that to be done. For example, if I wanted to do a local backup prior to entering a transaction to see if it would give the results that I wanted and it did not could I then restore that backup without tech support help?
Tom

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Yes, a local backup can be restored into PCO. The only reason it wouldn't be able to be restored is if it was from a prior version of the software. In that case, it would need to be restored in the old version, upgraded, then a new backup from the new version restored into PCO, which is what we do when setting up the account for the first time.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

Great. Thanks again.
Tom