Data Migration

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

g0rk0m

Data Migration

Post by g0rk0m »

Hi,

What resources are available to guide through the process of exporting data from a PowerChurch database for migration to a new tool? I've searched on google and found very little information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

NeilZ

Re: Data Migration

Post by NeilZ »

g0rk0m wrote:Hi,

What resources are available to guide through the process of exporting data from a PowerChurch database for migration to a new tool? I've searched on google and found very little information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
You can export to an Access database, that's about it. What exactly are you looking for?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

g0rk0m

Post by g0rk0m »

NeilZ wrote:You can export to an Access database, that's about it. What exactly are you looking for?
Steps for migrating the data from PowerChurch to Planning Center.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

g0rk0m wrote:
NeilZ wrote:You can export to an Access database, that's about it. What exactly are you looking for?
They should have a migration capability, I'd check with them on their website for the software. Migration is not an easy thing, as what they're looking for in data may not be the way any export provides. Powerchurch actually provides such a migration service for this reason.

From looking at their site, it looks like you're on your own. You have to figure out what to export. Most of the membership modules in PCPlus have an other output selection where you can export data, however, when you reach contributions that may cause an issue.

FWIW .. why are you moving to another system, what do they offer that PCPlus (or PCPlus Online) doesn't.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

g0rk0m

Post by g0rk0m »

NeilZ wrote:
g0rk0m wrote:
They should have a migration capability, I'd check with them on their website for the software. Migration is not an easy thing, as what they're looking for in data may not be the way any export provides. Powerchurch actually provides such a migration service for this reason.

From looking at their site, it looks like you're on your own. You have to figure out what to export. Most of the membership modules in PCPlus have an other output selection where you can export data, however, when you reach contributions that may cause an issue.

FWIW .. why are you moving to another system, what do they offer that PCPlus (or PCPlus Online) doesn't.
Hi Neil,

I was informed our contract/statement of work agreement with PowerChurch Pro does not cover data migration services. And the additional cost is not in ther budget right now.

The churches decision to switch was not something I was involved in. I'm a member of the church, they reached out for my assistance due to my work experience in the info security field.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

g0rk0m wrote:Hi Neil,

I was informed our contract/statement of work agreement with PowerChurch Pro does not cover data migration services. And the additional cost is not in ther budget right now.

The churches decision to switch was not something I was involved in. I'm a member of the church, they reached out for my assistance due to my work experience in the info security field.
FWIW .. the Powerchurch data migration service was for moving from other CMS systems to Powerchurch, not the other way.
Based on what I read on that software's website, it looks like you may have to get a data entry team together.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.