Variance Active pledge vs pledge rnage report

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

whfpc

Variance Active pledge vs pledge rnage report

Post by whfpc »

Hi there, I am using PC 12 plus. I am running a report for the stewardship committee on pledge ranges, when I run the report my total pledge amount is different than my active pledge amount. I used fund 1 for both reports, my active pledge report shows $41,600 higher than my pledge range report for the same period (this year) and fund (1). I have made sure I have accounted for all ranges from 0-9,999,999 on the pledge range. Any idea on where I should look for the difference? Or is there another report i can run that will give them the of giving units giving in certain ranges, i.e, how many units are giving 0-1,000, 1,001 - 5,000 etc?

Robin

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Variance Active pledge vs pledge range report

Post by Zorak »

We sat down and compared the code for both of these reports and found the following differences:
  • Pledge Range Report has Personal Status Code selection, which will potentially exclude people that are included on the Active Pledges report.
  • Because of the Personal Status selection, Pledge Range Report also relies on there being a Personal Profile with that envelope number assigned. This would be considered an "orphaned" envelope, meaning an envelope number has a pledge record, but no person in Membership has that envelope number assigned. It's obviously a data problem, but can easily happen when Contributions are maintained on a different computer and backups restored between the two to keep them in sync. To check for this, run the Active Pledges report again and do a text search (click the binoculars icon in the Report Viewer toolbar) and search for "Envelope". The Active Pledges report will show the contributor's name as "Envelope number not found". The Pledge Range report excludes those entries.
Those are the only differences in the way the two reports select data.

whfpc

Re: Variance Active pledge vs pledge rnage report

Post by whfpc »

I found what happened, a member pledged a certain weekly amount and when the administrator entered the pledge for 2019 instead of entering the amount for the current year she typed in that weekly amount until 12/31/2021 (this is a date of another ongoing campaign). You cannot get beyond 2019 on the calendar in that pledge area but you can enter future dates by manually typing it in. This should send an alert or something? Now to explain to finance what and how it happened...

Robin

NeilZ

Re: Variance Active pledge vs pledge rnage report

Post by NeilZ »

whfpc wrote:I found what happened, a member pledged a certain weekly amount and when the administrator entered the pledge for 2019 instead of entering the amount for the current year she typed in that weekly amount until 12/31/2021 (this is a date of another ongoing campaign). You cannot get beyond 2019 on the calendar in that pledge area but you can enter future dates by manually typing it in. This should send an alert or something? Now to explain to finance what and how it happened...

Robin
No alert needed as the system figures the person who is entering the data knows what they are doing. You can have pledges go across multiple years.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.