Posting Contributions

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

livingproof1

Posting Contributions

Post by livingproof1 »

I have done the same process for months. All of my transactions and contributions have been posted for the end of August. I ran the income and expenses statement, but the contributions did not show up. So went to post them it says that they are all posted. However on the check register report its says they are not posted. I ran the update, but it did not fix it. What do I need to do?

NeilZ

Re: Posting Contributions

Post by NeilZ »

livingproof1 wrote:I have done the same process for months. All of my transactions and contributions have been posted for the end of August. I ran the income and expenses statement, but the contributions did not show up. So went to post them it says that they are all posted. However on the check register report its says they are not posted. I ran the update, but it did not fix it. What do I need to do?
Are you sure you posted the Contributions to Funds Accounting, and not just to Contributions? If you're showing the contributions when you run a Funds Report by date in Contributions, but are not seeing them in Funds Accounting, this may be the cause.

You'll have to add each Sunday deposit by hand by creating Transactions in Funds Accounting. I would use a previously posted Contribution found in Funds Accounting as a template.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

livingproof1

Post by livingproof1 »

NeilZ wrote:
livingproof1 wrote:I have done the same process for months. All of my transactions and contributions have been posted for the end of August. I ran the income and expenses statement, but the contributions did not show up. So went to post them it says that they are all posted. However on the check register report its says they are not posted. I ran the update, but it did not fix it. What do I need to do?
Are you sure you posted the Contributions to Funds Accounting, and not just to Contributions? If you're showing the contributions when you run a Funds Report by date in Contributions, but are not seeing them in Funds Accounting, this may be the cause.

You'll have to add each Sunday deposit by hand by creating Transactions in Funds Accounting. I would use a previously posted Contribution found in Funds Accounting as a template.

***yes I double checked. Set to fund accounting

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

livingproof1 wrote:
NeilZ wrote:

***yes I double checked. Set to fund accounting
You're still going to have to manually enter those deposits. Then I would check to see if anyone did a RESTORE of the accounting database recently, as there is no way that all August contribution deposits did not make it to Funds Accounting. You should check the System Audit log to see if any restores have been done. When you post this past Sunday's contributions, verify that the transaction is sitting in the Unposted Transactions Queue in Funds Accounting. If its not there, you may have to call the Powerchurch support line.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.