Incorrect TIN

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

sonyatch

Incorrect TIN

Post by sonyatch »

We received a notice from IRS that our TIN/name for our cleaning contractor was incorrect. They match the info provided by the vendor. Does anyone have any experience using he IRS TIN verification tool? I can't figure out how to register the church. Thanks!

NeilZ

Re: Incorrect TIN

Post by NeilZ »

sonyatch wrote:We received a notice from IRS that our TIN/name for our cleaning contractor was incorrect. They match the info provided by the vendor. Does anyone have any experience using he IRS TIN verification tool? I can't figure out how to register the church. Thanks!
First off .. did you get a IRS Form W-9 from the Contractor? If the Contractor is an LLC or company of some sort, they should have a normal TIN .. formatted like XX-XXXXXXX . They are required by the IRS to give you the information. If the company is not registered and is just an individual, they need to give you their SSN.

As far as the online TIN system, you have to apply at the IRS website to use it. That has to be approved, then you're granted access. I've never used it, but I'm assuming that its a simple search type engine. I'm guessing the hardest part is getting the application done.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.