Back Up Utility not Working

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

RGWalk

Back Up Utility not Working

Post by RGWalk »

I used to back up my version 10 using a flash drive. Recently, though, when I initiate the back up process, I get the message: "Powerchurch Plus needs to install updated run-time files. Computer administrator rights are required. Click OK to continue or Cancel to exit without installing." I click OK, and it appears that it is going through the process, and I follow all the prompts on the screen, but then, it still won't back up anything. What am I missing?

NeilZ

Re: Back Up Utility not Working

Post by NeilZ »

RGWalk wrote:I used to back up my version 10 using a flash drive. Recently, though, when I initiate the back up process, I get the message: "Powerchurch Plus needs to install updated run-time files. Computer administrator rights are required. Click OK to continue or Cancel to exit without installing." I click OK, and it appears that it is going through the process, and I follow all the prompts on the screen, but then, it still won't back up anything. What am I missing?
What version of WIndows are you using?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

If it is a Windows 10 computer, try manually installing the .NET 2 runtimes.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=1639

Back when Version 10 of PowerChurch Plus was under maintenance, .NET 2 was always installed and enabled in Windows, so our installers didn't include it. Windows 10 doesn't come with it installed by default.

RGWalk

Post by RGWalk »

Just realized I forgot to reply. Thank you! That worked!