Missing Contribution

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

FUMCFairfield

Missing Contribution

Post by FUMCFairfield »

I don't think this is the issue but need to know anyway, can you run a report of changed envelope numbers?
OK my problem: A contributor made a March 2019 $600 deposit and 2 are missing from his Contribution Statement, should be envelope 524 with H last name. I have viewed posting reports for all of March looking for the amount. It was 500 to general, 100 to youth, only a few members in this breakdown. At time of posting, report shows these amounts went to Envelope 14, D last name but it is not there. Interesting that the Alpha Posted Report shows the posting out of the alphabetical line. Last name is with a D, showing in the H section, which is where the correct posting should be, This also happened in May but I can see where that was posted and have reversed.
I'm at a loss as to where to find where this posting went so it can be reversed.

NeilZ

Re: Missing Contribution

Post by NeilZ »

FUMCFairfield wrote:I don't think this is the issue but need to know anyway, can you run a report of changed envelope numbers?
OK my problem: A contributor made a March 2019 $600 deposit and 2 are missing from his Contribution Statement, should be envelope 524 with H last name. I have viewed posting reports for all of March looking for the amount. It was 500 to general, 100 to youth, only a few members in this breakdown. At time of posting, report shows these amounts went to Envelope 14, D last name but it is not there. Interesting that the Alpha Posted Report shows the posting out of the alphabetical line. Last name is with a D, showing in the H section, which is where the correct posting should be, This also happened in May but I can see where that was posted and have reversed.
I'm at a loss as to where to find where this posting went so it can be reversed.
You can check the Contributions Audit Log which is available through the Contributions Menu -> Setup -> View Contributions Audit Log. It keeps a record of when all contributions were posted, but also when an Envelope Number was changed. Just select the date you want to check and the action will appear in the text box at the bottom of that window.

Finally ... if all else fails, and you can verify that the contributor is correct about when his check cleared the bank. You can update his contributions by added that donation, and posting to contributions only. I realize it may put the totals off in the Contributions Module, but it will give you time to figure it out, and get the donor his statement.

FWIW .. most banks now keep electronic copies of all checks deposited when they scan your deposit, so you can verify that the church did receive the funds. Quick question, are you also entering the Check Number when you enter contributions. I've found that this also helps to find 'missing' entries.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FUMCFairfield

Post by FUMCFairfield »

Thanks will try your suggestion. The contributor brought in his banks statements and the checks did clear.
Two March dates say Transaction not complete due to funds missing accounts. How do I view what is missing?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

FUMCFairfield wrote:Thanks will try your suggestion. The contributor brought in his banks statements and the checks did clear.
Two March dates say Transaction not complete due to funds missing accounts. How do I view what is missing?
Which transaction? Posting Contributions? If so, that message usually appears when a Contribution Fund has not been setup properly, missing an income account, asset account, etc.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.