Tax Receipt - Default

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

pwlong

Tax Receipt - Default

Post by pwlong »

Is there a way to set the default on the Contribution statement to NOT print a tax receipt? Our system defaults to "print a tax receipt" and if you leave it that way, you get a tax receipt with a unique tax receipt number, and if this is not what you wanted, you need to cancel that number with the CRA (Canadian)
Peter W Long

NeilZ

Re: Tax Receipt - Default

Post by NeilZ »

pwlong wrote:Is there a way to set the default on the Contribution statement to NOT print a tax receipt? Our system defaults to "print a tax receipt" and if you leave it that way, you get a tax receipt with a unique tax receipt number, and if this is not what you wanted, you need to cancel that number with the CRA (Canadian)
You can, according to the built-in help. Look under Contributions -> Contribution Reports -> Contribution Statements and Tax Receipts -> Do You Want To Print Tax Receipts. According to that help page, when you get the Report Options window, there will be a checkbox that, if unchecked, will not create 'official' receipts and will not issue a unique number.

This option is available in both V11.55 and v12.x
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

pwlong

Post by pwlong »

Thanks for the response, but that is not quite what I am looking for. I want to see if there is a way so that the report options screen defaults to "no tax receipt". It is very easy to miss unchecking the box, and that results in a tax receipt being produced with its unique number. If that was by error (didn't mean to print a tax receipt) we have to notify the Canadian Revenue agency that that tax receipt number is not valid. It seems that today that option defaults to "tax receipt"; we want it to default to "no tax receipt"
Peter W Long

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

pwlong wrote:Thanks for the response, but that is not quite what I am looking for. I want to see if there is a way so that the report options screen defaults to "no tax receipt". It is very easy to miss unchecking the box, and that results in a tax receipt being produced with its unique number. If that was by error (didn't mean to print a tax receipt) we have to notify the Canadian Revenue agency that that tax receipt number is not valid. It seems that today that option defaults to "tax receipt"; we want it to default to "no tax receipt"
No, there is no default. Other than saving the settings, and calling up the saved settings, there is no way to make it a default. I can see where that could cause more problems than it would solve, but if you want to see if that could be added in future, write up the change exactly as you would like to see it, explain how this will save you time and effort, and how it will help other users. Then send that write up to wishlist@powerhurch.com.

They do look at this list and will often surprise users with a new feature in one of the MRs.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

pwlong

Post by pwlong »

Many thanks. Will send in a suggestion
Peter W Long

WKC

Post by WKC »

pwlong wrote:Is there a way to set the default on the Contribution statement to NOT print a tax receipt? Our system defaults to "print a tax receipt" and if you leave it that way, you get a tax receipt with a unique tax receipt number, and if this is not what you wanted, you need to cancel that number with the CRA (Canadian)
How do you cancel tax receipt numbers with CRA

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

WKC wrote:
How do you cancel tax receipt numbers with CRA
I would suggest that you check on the CRA website.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.