Catalina Mac OS and the Mouse/Touch Pad

PowerChurch Online is an installation of PowerChurch Plus that resides on our servers, which you access remotely from across the internet.

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Trinity Church Berlin

Catalina Mac OS and the Mouse/Touch Pad

Post by Trinity Church Berlin »

When Catalina came out this past fall, it was noted that while it would work on the new operating system one might see difficulties with the mouse/track pad making selections. I am still experiencing this issue. Has there been a update provided to solve this issue?

NeilZ

Re: Catalina Mac OS and the Mouse/Touch Pad

Post by NeilZ »

Trinity Church Berlin wrote:When Catalina came out this past fall, it was noted that while it would work on the new operating system one might see difficulties with the mouse/track pad making selections. I am still experiencing this issue. Has there been a update provided to solve this issue?
If I remember right, the IDS client 'should' let you know if there are updates automatically. If you haven't gotten that notice then I suspect there's nothing new. If nothing else, you can call the Powerchurch Online help line to see if they have more info.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

I raised a similar issue back in October. You can't do a 2 finger scroll. The mouse cursor doesn't click in the box. You have to position the cursor over the box or you have to resize the window, then it will work. I was told it would take an update to the IDS client, but that was Oct. and nothing yet.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

FBCMoyock wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:53 pm
I raised a similar issue back in October. You can't do a 2 finger scroll. The mouse cursor doesn't click in the box. You have to position the cursor over the box or you have to resize the window, then it will work. I was told it would take an update to the IDS client, but that was Oct. and nothing yet.
Its a third-party program and, as such, does not do updates like Powerchurch. Being a small company does have its advantages when it comes to fixing issues quickly.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

fbctnc

Post by fbctnc »

My Windows machine died. Read and followed directions to install PC online client for Mac. Had to update from macOS mjove to macOS Catalina (latest version). Mouse does not work. I am able to log in, but then the mouse does not work. Is there a document anywhere that would help me do what is necessary to get my Mac to run PC Online.

Thank you.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

FBCMoyock wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:53 pm
The mouse cursor doesn't click in the box. You have to position the cursor over the box or you have to resize the window, then it will work. I was told it would take an update to the IDS client, but that was Oct. and nothing yet.
We are still waiting on a new Mac OS client to fix this and other issues. It is my understanding that every time Apple issues updates, new problems are introduced that have to be fixed in the client software.

FBCMoyock

Post by FBCMoyock »

I assume you mean the mouse doesn't work with PC Online. If you will resize the PowerChurch window it will work correctly. Just grab the edge of the window, click and hold, then drag to resize. You don't have to move it much. Any movement will cause the mouse to position itself correctly when you hover over a box.