how to correct automatic transfer in contributions

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Sandy

how to correct automatic transfer in contributions

Post by Sandy »

We use automatic transfer to set aside money that our church tithes on from our general offering. These are percentages of the general offering. I just discovered that one of the transfers for our outreach program has been doubling due to operator error ( there were 2 accts set up in contributions for the same transfer) I need to reduce the amount and am not sure if I can do this in fund accounting or if it needs to be done in the contributions module. Also will I need to do anything with the release accts.

My thought was that I could do a journal entry to do this but I just want to make sure it is done correctly.

The acct numbers are as follows:
01-4030-000 general fund (income acct}
01-4270-000 Outreach fund (income acct)

01-4870-000 Outreach release (release acct)
01-4999-000 release

This will not affect our checking account total because the release funds are held in our checking acct. Please help me figure this out and thanks in advance
Sandy Daniel
Always learning and always grateful!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: how to correct automatic transfer in contributions

Post by Zorak »

You should be able to just enter a transaction to "transfer" the income amount back into the General Fund income. For the monthly income amounts to be correct, it would need to be a separate transaction in each month where the problem existed.

01-4030-000 General Fund (Credit)
01-4270-000 Outreach Fund (Debit)

The release accounts shouldn't be affected, since it was just the original income amount that was duplicated.

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

This actually happened over a period of two years. Is it imperative to do for each month. Just wondering
Sandy Daniel

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Sandy wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:00 pm
This actually happened over a period of two years. Is it imperative to do for each month. Just wondering
If you have the correct amounts setup at the bank, you shouldn't have to adjust it every month, just make sure you have the proper amounts setup in Powerchurch
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Thank you.

Should I do this transaction in fund acct?
Sandy Daniel

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Yes, this will be a transaction entered in Accounting > Fund Accounting > Enter Transactions.

My original suggestion about entering the transaction in each month would only be necessary if you want the Income & Expense Statements to be historically accurate.