Reconciling Bank/Credit Card Issue

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

fbcbigfork@gmail.com

Reconciling Bank/Credit Card Issue

Post by fbcbigfork@gmail.com »

Hello,

I am trying to get our books up to date...and I went back to make sure things are reconciled. In the Bank/Credit Card Reconciliation report, I can see that for March, everything was reconciled to 0. When I go in now, however, it is not... is there a "quick" way to figure out what went wrong?

NeilZ

Re: Reconciling Bank/Credit Card Issue

Post by NeilZ »

fbcbigfork@gmail.com wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:01 pm
Hello,

I am trying to get our books up to date...and I went back to make sure things are reconciled. In the Bank/Credit Card Reconciliation report, I can see that for March, everything was reconciled to 0. When I go in now, however, it is not... is there a "quick" way to figure out what went wrong?
Um .. are you saying that the original reconciliation was properly zero, but you're doing it again? Why? Please explain what you mean when you say 'when I go in now".

There is no need to revisit a previous reconciliation. How did April's turn out?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

fbcbigfork@gmail.com

I hadn't done April's. I was checking each month to see where I had left off reconciling, and it had a non-zero balance as far back as I checked... so then I checked the reconciliation report and it shows March at 0.

fbcbigfork@gmail.com

"When I go in now" meaning if I open it to look at it- I wasn't wanting to re-edit it!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

fbcbigfork@gmail.com wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:43 pm
I hadn't done April's. I was checking each month to see where I had left off reconciling, and it had a non-zero balance as far back as I checked... so then I checked the reconciliation report and it shows March at 0.
Wait .. what?

The other months had a non-zero result when you try to reconcile it now, or that the reconciliation reports for that time is not zero. However, March is at zero, which is correct.

I would do April's and make sure that everything on the bank statement is properly checked off, so you reach a zero result. If April's is correct, then do May, June, July, and August. If the report shows a zero on all of them, you're fine.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.