Exporting Reports

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Garlan

Exporting Reports

Post by Garlan »

Is it possible to export anything in PC Plus without backing up? Our newer PC's don't have Floppy drives. Dell and Gateway are getting away from floppy drives. Its kind of a wast to have to burn a CD every time we want to transfer files. We have different groups that do different things in our church using PCplus. Is there a particular file that I could move to copy our Inventory Report from one computer to another?

Zeb
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zeb »

In versions 8 and 8.5, you can export almost all of the reports to several formats. Also the newest version 8.5 supports backups to rewritable CD drives.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Zeb wrote:In versions 8 and 8.5, you can export almost all of the reports to several formats. Also the newest version 8.5 supports backups to rewritable CD drives.
Very true .. but I see where the original poster is going. I wanted to export two custom reports from my home machine, to the one at church. My only option was either the 'A' or 'B' drives. I wanted to export to my ZIP drive but could not, can this be changed in a future maintenance release for v8/8.5 or in v9 ??

I have to admit, under MS-DOS I could alias a drive with the SUBST command, but I don't believe that's available in XP :wink:
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

Ah, yes. Good catch, NeilZ! You're right, there is a difference between exporting Custom Reports and making a Custom Reports backup (which is what Zeb was talking about). I just looked at my testing build of v9, and it doesn't seem to have changed. I don't know if this is intentional or not. It's certainly something for wishlist@powerchurch.com.

I'd also like to clear up one thing:
Garlan wrote:Its kind of a wast to have to burn a CD every time we want to transfer files.
The CD backup in PowerChurch is not destructive like the floppy backup. You can store several backups on the same disc, so you don't have to use a new disc for every backup. For most churches backing up weekly, you could probably get an entire year's worth of backups on one disc. Obviously, having only one backup disc isn't the safest thing in the world, but you could if you wanted to do that.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/