1099 mistake

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

BethAn

1099 mistake

Post by BethAn »

I made a mistake when setting up a vendor at the beginning of the year. I should have marked 1099 for all payments he received but I failed to do so. Can I make changes now so that a 1099 will print or am I out of luck for this year?

Thanks.
"God does not reveal the divine will to the curious, but to the obedient."
"What Christ has been and done for me, I must be and do for others."

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

You can go back and mark those manual checks or invoices that qualify for inclusion on a 1099. Just pull up the vendor record (Accounts Payable -> Maintain Vendor Record), and look at the History tab. This shows a list of all invoices and checks entered for a specific vendor. You can change the 1099 status by clicking on the appropriate check or invoice and then toggling the 1099 Status button. You'll see a "1099" notation out to the right when it is applied. Then, you can rerun your 1099 forms and everything should be as you expect.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

Vwisner

1099 forms

Post by Vwisner »

For our Sexton we had one vendor number set up for his 1099 work. Then another setup for his reimbursements. Am I correct in assuming I only need one vendor number for him and check the 1099 box when it applies?

Vwisner

Post by Vwisner »

I have one of our employees set up with two vendor numbers under a/payable. some of his pay is under both vendor numbers. When I print off the 1099 reports, will the information show up on one report?