Posting to Fund Accounting

Fund Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Post Reply
Mast
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:02 pm

Posting to Fund Accounting

Post by Mast »

I noticed today that my payables and payroll that I've posted in January 2016 do not show up in "posted" items.
Also, I'm not able to change working month to Jan 2016. It shows all my open months in 2015, I have fewer than 18 mo. Open.
Is there something more I need to do for the New Year?

NeilZ
Posts: 10588
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:20 am
Location: Dexter NM
Contact:

Re: Posting to Fund Accounting

Post by NeilZ »

Mast wrote:I noticed today that my payables and payroll that I've posted in January 2016 do not show up in "posted" items.
Also, I'm not able to change working month to Jan 2016. It shows all my open months in 2015, I have fewer than 18 mo. Open.
Is there something more I need to do for the New Year?
1. If your working month is still December, you won't see the items with a January date.
2. Yes you can have up to 18 months open at any one time, HOWEVER, you need to make sure you check the Number of months that can be open at one time setting on the File -> Preferences -> Accounting Setup Options -> Fund Accounting is actually set to 18 months. From what you're telling me, its probably setup for 12. Once you open it to 18, you should be able to change your working month to January 2016.
3. Once you get to the point where 18th months are open, and you need to open the next month, you're going to have to close #1 month, to then have the next month open.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Mast
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:02 pm

Re: Posting to Fund Accounting

Post by Mast »

Thank you SO Much!!!That was it! It was set to 10 months. Changed it to 18 and i was able to change working month to January 2016.
Thank you thank you!!!!

Post Reply