11/29/2016 - Check In Maintenance Release
A new Maintenance Release for the PowerChurch Check In system has been published, dated 11/29/2016.
There are no longer separate installers for kiosk and server components. The kiosks will update automatically after connecting to the server the first time.
This includes major updates to both the server and kiosk. The server component has been completely replaced with a new control that is faster and more reliable than the previous server control. We initially rolled this update out to Check In for PowerChurch Online users earlier this year without issue. However, it is strongly recommended that you install the update and allow time for testing prior to your first check in event.
Visit http://www.powerchurch.com/mr to download and install this release.
PowerChurch Online users will be updated automatically and do not need to install Maintenance Release updates.
This update fixes the following issues:
- Setup defaults to C:PowerChurchPCPLUS11
- New server component
- Error when using a networked Dymo printer
- Kiosk timeout is too short
- On timeout, kiosk goes into non-responsive state
- Update color schemes and shortcut icons
- Kiosk application is now DPI aware and will scale for large fonts
- While screen is locked, grayed out background can flash multiple times
- Do not call back to the server to load the same picture multiple times
- Picture loading can be slow
- Swipe scrolling and mouse wheel support for many (but not yet all) devices
- Go To and Print Reports pop up menus now close on ESC key or by clicking away