How Do I Update My Illinois Tax Tables?
Where do I find the tax tables?
Which tables do I use?
Use the "Automated payroll method" described in publication IL-700-T. This method uses a flat percentage for calculating state taxes after deducting any personal or dependent exemptions.
Note that the figures shown in this document are for demonstration purposes only, and may not be current. Please consult the current publication for the most up-to-date information. Though the figures change periodically, the method of calculation should remain the same. If the calculation method has changed for this state please notify the webmaster.
Figure 1 - 2015 Automated Payroll Method Formula
How to setup/update the tables in PowerChurch Plus
To setup/update PowerChurch Plus for IL tax tables, select the Accounting menu, Payroll, Setup, then Maintain Tax Tables.
Click Add to enter a new table, or use the Find/Locate buttons to select an existing IL tax table to update. When adding a new table, you will be prompted for the type of tax table you're adding. Select State: Illinois. For each table, enter the following information:
- Description: Enter a unique name to identify the tax table (for example, "IL State Tax").
- Tax type: The type of tax in which this table applies. In this instance, select State Tax.
- Personal exemption: Enter the amount for one personal exemption (Line 1 allowances).
- Dependent exemption: Enter the amount for one qualifying dependent exemption (Line 2 allowances).
- Round tax to nearest whole dollar: If required, check this box to round the calculated tax amount to the nearest whole dollar.
When you are done, the screen should look like this:
Figure 2 - IL State Tax Table (2015)
PCPlus V 11/11.1, PCPlus V 11.5/11.55, PowerChurch Online
state tax table, tax table, taxes
Last updated: 01/15/2019