How Do I Update My Missouri Tax Tables?
Where do I find the tax tables?
Which tables do I use?
Use the "Missouri Withholding Tax Formula" for annual wages. Figure 1 shows an example.
Note that the figures shown in this document are for demonstration purposes only, and may not be current. Please consult the current publication for the most up-to-date information. Though the figures change periodically, the method of calculation should remain the same. If the calculation method has changed for this state please notify the webmaster.
Figure 1 - 2019 Annual Percentage Rates & Tables
How to setup/update the tables in PowerChurch Plus
To setup/update PowerChurch Plus with the state tax tables shown in Figure 1 above, select the Accounting menu, Payroll, Setup, then Maintain Tax Tables. A separate table will need to be created for the single or married and spouse works, married and spouse does not work, and head of household status.
Click Add to enter a new table, or use the Find/Locate buttons to select an existing MO tax table to update. When adding a new table, you will be prompted for the type of tax table you're adding. Select State: Missouri Post-2019. For each table, enter the following information:
- Description: Enter a unique name to identify the tax table (for example, "MO State Tax - Single").
- Tax type: The type of tax in which this table applies. In this instance, select State Tax.
- Standard deduction: Enter the amount for the standard deduction. This varies by filing status of single or married and spouse works, married and spouse does not work, and head of household (determined by what is checked on Form MO W-4). This rate is found under Step 1 of the "Missouri Withholding Tax Formula" instructions. Figure 2 shows an example.
Figure 2 - 2019 Standard Deduction
- Round tax to nearest whole dollar: Check this box to round the calculated tax amount to the nearest whole dollar.
- Annual Rate Table: Click the Annual Rate Table tab and enter the maximum amount and percentage for each bracket. See Figure 1 above.
When you are done, the screen should look like this:
Figure 4a - MO State Single Tax Table (Deduction and Exemption Information)
Figure 4b - MO State Single Tax Table (Annual Rate Table)
Follow the instructions just described for the married and spouse does not work, and head of household status.
PCPlus V 11/11.1, PCPlus V 11.5/11.55, PowerChurch Online
state tax table, tax table, taxes
Last updated: 01/04/2019