How Do I Update My Ohio Tax Tables?
Where do I find the tax tables?
You can find the employer withholding tables on the OH Department of Revenue website.
Which tables do I use?
Use the Optional Computer Method document. Figure 1 shows an example.
Note that the figures shown in this document are for demonstration purposes only, and may not be current. Please consult the current publication for the most up-to-date information. Though the figures change periodically, the method of calculation should remain the same. If the calculation method has changed for this state please notify the webmaster.
Figure 1 - 2015 Annual Percentage Tables
How to setup/update the tables in PowerChurch Plus
To setup/update PowerChurch Plus with the state tax tables shown in Figure 1 above, select the Accounting menu, Payroll, Setup, then Maintain Tax Tables.
Click Add to enter a new table, or use the Find/Locate buttons to select an existing OH tax table to update. When adding a new table, you will be prompted for the type of tax table you're adding. Select State: Ohio. For each table, enter the following information:
- Description: Enter a unique name to identify the tax table (for example, "OH State Tax").
- Tax type: The type of tax in which this table applies. In this instance, select State Tax..
- Withholding allowance: Enter the amount for one withholding allowance.
- Deduction multiplier: Enter the amount from the far right column in the tax table. The calculated deduction amount will be multiplied by this number.
- Round tax to nearest whole dollar: If required, check this box to round the calculated tax amount to the nearest whole dollar.
- Annual Rate Table: Click the Annual Rate Table tab. From the Optional Computer Method document, enter the figures from the Taxable Wage column on the left followed by the decimal from the Withholding Deduction column on the right as a percentage for each bracket. (for example, .005 in the first bracket is 0.5%).
When you are done, the screen should look like this:
Figure 2a - OH State Tax Table (Deduction and Exemption Information)
Figure 2b - OH State Tax Table (Annual Rate Table)
PCPlus V 11/11.1, PCPlus V 11.5/11.55, PowerChurch Online
state tax table, tax table, taxes
Last updated: 03/12/2019