How Do I Update My Oregon Tax Tables?
Where do I find the tax tables?
Which tables do I use?
There are several components to the Oregon withholding tax formulas. There are two traditional tax tables, one for "Single with less than 3 allowances" and one for "Single with 3 or more allowances, or Married". Those tables cover wages up to $50,000 annually. A second set of calculations are used for annual wages of $50,000 or higher on each of those tables. The addition of these tables require adding a third tax table, since different amounts are published for "Single with 3 or more allowances" and "Married".
In this example, we will set up the "Single with less than 3 allowances" table. The screenshots below highlight the amounts pulled from the Oregon Withholding Tax Tables document for this particular table. Repeat this process when setting up the "Single with 3 or more allowances" and the "Married" tables, using the appropriate amounts from the tables shown below.
Note that the figures shown in this document are for demonstration purposes only, and may not be current. Please consult the current publication for the most up-to-date information. Though the figures change periodically, the method of calculation should remain the same. If the calculation method has changed for this state please notify the webmaster.
Figure 1 - 2015 Computer Formula (Annual wages up to $50,000)
How to setup/update the tables in PowerChurch Plus
To setup/update PowerChurch Plus with the state tax table shown in Figure 1 above, select the Accounting menu, Payroll, Setup, then Maintain Tax Tables. Separate tables will need to be created for the Single with less than 3 allowances, Single with 3 or more allowances, and Married rates.
Click Add to enter a new table, or use the Find/Locate buttons to select an existing OR tax table to update. When adding a new table, you will be prompted for the type of tax table you're adding. Select State: Oregon. For each table, enter the following information:
- Description: Enter a unique name to identify the tax table (for example, "OR State Tax - Single < 3").
- Tax type: The type of tax in which this table applies. In this instance, select State Tax.
- Standard deduction: Enter the amount for the standard deduction.
- Federal withholding limit: An individual's federal income tax is deducted from gross wages.
- Personal exemption credit: Enter the amount for one personal allowance.
- Round tax to nearest whole dollar: If required, check this box to round the calculated tax amount to the nearest whole dollar.
- Annual Wages Formula: Enter the dollar amounts and percentages in each of the fields, according to the amounts listed in the Oregon Withholding Tax Tables document, as shown in Figures 1 and 2 above.
When you are finished, the screen should look like this:
Figure 3 - OR State Single w/ less than 3 allowance Tax Table (Deduction and Exemption Information)
Figure 4 - OR State Single w/ less than 3 allowance Tax Table (Annual Wages Formula)
PCPlus V 11/11.1, PCPlus V 11.5/11.55, PowerChurch Online
state tax table, tax table, taxes
Last updated: 03/09/2018