How Do I Update My Rhode Island Tax Tables?
Where do I find the tax tables?
For RI withholding tables you will need the current Rhode Island Employer's Income Tax Withholding Tables booklet from the RI Department of Revenue website.
Which tables do I use?
Use the annual table from the percentage method of withholding. Figure 1 shows an example.
Note that the figures shown in this document are for demonstration purposes only, and may not be current. Please consult the current publication for the most up-to-date information. Though the figures change periodically, the method of calculation should remain the same. If the calculation method has changed for this state please notify the webmaster.
Figure 1 - 2015 Annual Percentage Tables
How to setup/update the tables in PowerChurch Plus
To setup/update PowerChurch Plus with the state tax tables shown in Figure 1 above, select the Accounting menu, Payroll, Setup, then Maintain Tax Tables.
Click Add to enter a new table, or use the Find/Locate buttons to select an existing RI tax table to update. When adding a new table, you will be prompted for the type of tax table you're adding. Select State: Rhode Island. For each table, enter the following information:
- Description: Enter a unique name to identify the tax table (for example, "RI State Tax").
- Tax type: The type of tax in which this table applies. In this instance, select State Tax.
- Withholding allowance: Enter the annual amount for one withholding allowance. Again, found in the Rhode Island Employer's Income Tax Withholding Tables booklet under the section that describes the percentage method. Figure 2 shows an example.
Figure 2 - 2015 Withholding Allowance
- Round tax to nearest whole dollar: If required, check this box to round the calculated tax amount to the nearest whole dollar.
- Annual Rate Table: Click the Annual Rate Table tab. From Figure 1 above, enter the figures from the "But not over" column followed by the tax rate percentage for each bracket.
When you are done, the screen should look like this:
Figure 3a - RI State Single Tax Table (Deduction and Exemption Information)
Figure 3b - RI State Single Tax Table (Annual Rate Table)
PCPlus V 11/11.1, PCPlus V 11.5/11.55, PowerChurch Online
state tax table, tax table, taxes
Last updated: 01/06/2017