How Do I Update My Vermont Tax Tables?
Where do I find the tax tables?
You can find the VT withholding tables on the VT Department of Revenue website.
Which tables do I use?
Use the annual table from the Instructions, Tables, and Charts document. Figure 1 shows an example.
Note that the figures shown in this document are for demonstration purposes only, and may not be current. Please consult the current publication for the most up-to-date information. Though the figures change periodically, the method of calculation should remain the same. If the calculation method has changed for this state please notify the webmaster.
Figure 1 - 2022 Annual Percentage Tables
How to setup/update the tables in PowerChurch Plus
To setup/update PowerChurch Plus with the state tax tables shown in Figure 1 above, select the Accounting menu, Payroll, Setup, then Maintain Tax Tables. A separate table will need to be created for the single and married table rates.
Click Add to enter a new table, or use the Find/Locate buttons to select an existing VT tax table to update. When adding a new table, you will be prompted for the type of tax table you're adding. Select State: Vermont. For each table, enter the following information:
- Description: Enter a unique name to identify the tax table (for example, "VT State Tax - Single").
- Tax type: The type of tax in which this table applies. In this instance, select State Tax.
- Withholding allowance: Enter the amount for one withholding allowance.
- Round tax to nearest whole dollar: If required, check this box to round the calculated tax amount to the nearest whole dollar.
- Annual Rate Table: Click the Annual Rate Table tab. From Figure 1 above, enter the figures from the "But not over" column followed by the tax rate percentage for each bracket.
When you are done, the screen should look like this:
Figure 2a - VT State Single Tax Table (Deduction and Exemption Information)
Figure 2b - VT State Single Tax Table (Annual Rate Table)
PCPlus V 11/11.1, PCPlus V 11.5/11.55, PCPlus V12/12.2, PowerChurch Online
state tax table, tax table, taxes
Last updated: 01/10/2022