How Do I Update My West Virginia Tax Tables?
Where do I find the tax tables?
Which tables do I use?
Use the annual table from the percentage method of withholding. Figure 1 shows an example.
Note that the figures shown in this document are for demonstration purposes only, and may not be current. Please consult the current publication for the most up-to-date information. Though the figures change periodically, the method of calculation should remain the same. If the calculation method has changed for this state please notify the webmaster.
Figure 1 - 2007 Annual Percentage Tables
How to setup/update the tables in PowerChurch Plus
To setup/update PowerChurch Plus with the state tax tables shown in Figure 1 above, select the Accounting menu, Payroll, Setup, then Maintain Tax Tables. A separate table will need to be created for the one earner/one job (single) and two earner/two or more jobs (married) table rates.
Click Add to enter a new table, or use the Find/Locate buttons to select an existing WV tax table to update. When adding a new table, you will be prompted for the type of tax table you're adding. Select State: West Virginia. For each table, enter the following information:
- Description: Enter a unique name to identify the tax table (for example, "WV State Tax - Single").
- Tax type: The type of tax in which this table applies. In this instance, select State Tax.
- Withholding allowance: Enter the annual amount for one personal exemption. Again, found in publication IT-100.1 as shown in Figure 1 above.
- Round tax to nearest whole dollar: Check this box to round the calculated tax amount to the nearest whole dollar.
- Annual Rate Table: Click the Annual Rate Table tab. From Figure 1 above, enter the figures from the "But not over" column followed by the tax rate percentage for each bracket.
When you are done, the screen should look like this:
Figure 3a - WV State Single Tax Table (Deduction and Exemption Information)
Figure 3b - WV State Single Tax Table (Annual Rate Table)
PCPlus V 11/11.1, PCPlus V 11.5/11.55, PowerChurch Online
state tax table, tax table, taxes
Last updated: 09/16/2019