How Do I Update My Wisconsin Tax Tables?
Where do I find the tax tables?
Which tables do I use?
Use the tables from the "Alternate Methods of Withholding Wisconsin Income Tax," Method B. Figure 1 shows an example.
Note that the figures shown in this document are for demonstration purposes only, and may not be current. Please consult the current publication for the most up-to-date information. Though the figures change periodically, the method of calculation should remain the same. If the calculation method has changed for this state please notify the webmaster.
Figure 1 - 2014 WI Withholding Schedule
How to setup/update the tables in PowerChurch Plus
To setup/update PowerChurch Plus with the state tax table shown in Figure 1 above, select the Accounting menu, Payroll, Setup, then Maintain Tax Tables. A separate table will need to be created for the single and married table rates.
Click Add to enter a new table, or use the Find/Locate buttons to select an existing WI tax table to update. When adding a new table, you will be prompted for the type of tax table you're adding. Select State: Wisconsin. For each table, enter the following information:
- Description: Enter a unique name to identify the tax table (for example, "WI State Tax - Single").
- Tax type: The type of tax in which this table applies. In this instance, select State Tax.
- Withholding exemption amount: Enter the amount to be multiplied by the withholding exemptions claimed.
- Round tax to nearest whole dollar: If required, check this box to round the calculated tax amount to the nearest whole dollar.A separate table will need to be created for the single, head of household, and married table rates.
- Annual Rate Table: Click the Annual Rate Table tab and enter the maximum amount and percentage for each bracket shown in Figure 1 above.
When you are done, the screen should look like this:
Figure 2a - WI State Single Tax Table (Deduction and Exemption Information)
Figure 2b - WI State Single Tax Table (Annual Rate Table)
PCPlus V 11/11.1, PCPlus V 11.5/11.55, PowerChurch Online
state tax table, tax table, taxes
Last updated: 03/30/2017