How Do I Update My District of Columbia Tax Tables?
Where do I find the tax tables?
Which tables do I use?
Use the "Percentage of Wages Paid Method." Figure 1 shows an excerpt from that document.
Note that the figures shown in this document are for demonstration purposes only, and may not be current. Please consult the current publication for the most up-to-date information. Though the figures change periodically, the method of calculation should remain the same. If the calculation method has changed for this state please notify the webmaster.
How to setup/update the tables in PowerChurch Plus
To setup/update PowerChurch Plus with the tax table shown in Figure 1 above, select the Accounting menu, Payroll, Setup, then Maintain Tax Tables. Only one table will need to be created.
Click Add to enter a new table, or use the Find/Locate buttons to select an existing DC tax table to update. When adding a new table, you will be prompted for the type of tax table you're adding. Select State: Dist. of Columbia. For each table, enter the following information:
- Description: Enter a unique name to identify the tax table (for example, "DC State Tax").
- Tax type: The type of tax in which this table applies. In this instance, select State Tax.
- Withholding Allowance: Enter the annual amount for one withholding allowance here, found in Figure 2 above.
- Round tax to nearest whole dollar: If necessary, check the option to round deduction amounts to the nearest dollar.
- Annual Rate Table: Click the Annual Rate Table tab. From the rate table shown in step 3 (Figure 1), enter the figures under the "But not over" column, followed by the tax rate percentage and minus adjustment for each bracket.
When you are done, the screen should look like this:
Figure 2a - DC Tax Table (Deduction and Exemption Information)
Figure 2b - DC Tax Table (Annual Rate Table)
PCPlus V 11/11.1, PCPlus V 11.5/11.55
state tax table, tax table, taxes, washington dc, washington d.c.
Last updated: 02/27/2019