Using Protect My Ministry For Background Checks
This article explains how to complete a request for a background check using Protect My Ministry. If you need information about setting up this functionality in PowerChurch, start with this article instead:
When you request a background check from PowerChurch, you will be taken to the Protect My Ministry ordering page. Available data from PowerChurch should be automatically completed within the form.
Organizations that upgrade to the Bundle 2 subscription have the ability to send a link to an applicant (top option) to complete their application and provide online consent to the background search. For Bundles 0 and 1, this option will not be accessible.
- If using the "Send Link to Applicant" feature, the user will only need to provide the first and last name (required) and email address (required) and click on the Send Link to Applicant button. If not using the "Send Link to Applicant" feature, the user will need to complete any missing required fields and click "Submit" at the bottom.
- Once the user clicks on the Send Link to Applicant button or the Submit button at the bottom, the entry will be saved and after clicking ok to continue, they will be taken to the Package Selection page. Child Safety Training is only available for Bundles 1 and higher and must be ordered at the same time as the background check. (NOTE: Clients who order a Plus package with a county search will need to determine the applicant’s county prior to sending the link or sign up for Auto Order with Client Services to ensure the proper search is ordered). After making their selections, they will click Next.
If not using the "Send Link to Applicant" feature, the user will review the Summary details and click the Submit for Background Check button. When the order has completed, the user will receive email notification that the order is complete and can then log back into Power Church to review the results. Email notifications will include a link to Ministry Mobilizer to view the results. However, do not access the results from Ministry Mobilizer if you want to be able to view them within Power Church.
If using the "Send Link to Applicant" feature, follow the remaining steps.
- The user will then be taken to the "Confirm Details" page to review the summary and click on the Send Link To Applicant button or have the option to change the email settings if desired (see "Change the Email Settings")
- If the user chooses to change the email settings, they will still have to click on the Send Link to Applicant button at the bottom of the page after the email setting changes have been submitted.
Change The Email Settings
Each organization can customize the email that contains the link being sent to their applicant. Users can modify the following and then submit before sending the link to their applicant:
- Change the email 'from' address and replace it with their organization's email if desired
- Change the email 'subject' (currently the default used will be: "name of the organization" is considering you for an opportunity)
- Append the email 'body' to reflect a personalized letter to the applicant (required text is shown below in the example) IMPORTANT - Do not remove the links included in the email body. The system will insert the necessary information in those places. These links are necessary for the system to function correctly. Removing or altering these links will prevent a successful order. You may add additional information to the email but please do not remove the required text.
- Send reminders (3) to the applicant to complete their application
- Receive a weekly summary of all applicants for the past 30 days that have not yet completed their application.
If email settings are changed and submitted, an indication will appear at the bottom of the page letting the user know the settings have updated successfully. The user can then send the link to the applicant.
When the order has completed, the user will receive email notification that the order is complete and can then log back into PowerChurch to review the results. Email notifications will include a link to Ministry Mobilizer to view the results. However, do not access the results from Ministry Mobilizer if you want to be able to view them within PowerChurch.
Last updated: 07/13/2015