Customizing Computer Check Formats
It is possible to customize the layout of the computer check forms in PowerChurch Plus.
To customize the existing check layout:
- Go to File > Preferences > Custom Check Layout.
- Make a note of the default check format that is selected on the screen.
- Click the Custom button.
- If you are not currently using a custom check layout, click the Reset Layout button.
- When prompted to choose an existing layout to base the custom check on, choose the format that you are currently using.
- Click the Edit Layout button.
- Click once on the group of fields shown on the check/stub face to select them.
- You should see black dots appear in each corner of the group of items.
- Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the group of fields, using the ruler across the top of the window to gauge the items' distance from the left edge of the label.
If you need to work with an individual field and find that multiple items are "grouped" together, do the following:
- Select the group and then go to Format > Ungroup.
- Once the items are ungrouped, you will find that each item is now individually selected (dots in the corners).
- To change the font of an individual item (or multiple ungrouped items), go to Format > Font.
- Use the Change Font dialog that opens to change the face, size, or style of font.
After making changes, if you would like to print a test check:
- Go to File > Print Preview.
- Your customized check form will appear on the screen with each field filled with Xs or 9s.
- Click the Print button to print this page.
- It is advised that you print the test on plain paper and compare it to one of your checks for proper alignment.
When finished customizing the check layout:
- Go to File > Close.
- When prompted to save your changes, choose Yes.
- When prompted to use the custom layout as your default check format, choose Yes.
PCPlus V 7, PCPlus V 8, PCPlus V 8.5, PCPlus V 9, PCPlus V 10/10.4, PCPlus V 11/11.1, PCPlus V 11.5/11.55, PowerChurch Online
Last updated: 04/08/2015