How Do I Update My Colorado Tax Tables?
Where do I find the tax tables?
Which tables do I use?
Use the annual tables for the percentage method of withholding. Figure 1 shows an example.
Note that the figures shown in this document are for demonstration purposes only, and may not be current. Please consult the current publication for the most up-to-date information. Though the figures change periodically, the method of calculation should remain the same. If the calculation method has changed for this state please notify the webmaster.
Figure 1 - 2016 Annual Percentage Tables
How to setup/update the tables in PowerChurch Plus
To setup/update PowerChurch Plus with the state tax tables shown in Figure 1 above, select the Accounting menu, Payroll, Setup, then Maintain Tax Tables. A separate table will need to be created for the single and married table rates.
Click Add to enter a new table, or use the Find/Locate buttons to select an existing CO tax table to update. When adding a new table, you will be prompted for the type of tax table you're adding. Select State: Colorado. For each table, enter the following information:
- Description: Enter a unique name to identify the tax table (for example, "CO State Tax - Single").
- Tax type: The type of tax in which this table applies. In this instance, select State Tax.
- Withholding allowance: Enter the annual amount for one withholding allowance. Figure 2 shows an example from publication DR 1098.
- Round tax to nearest whole dollar: The documentation for this state indicates that you should round taxes to the nearest dollar.
- Annual Rate Table: Click the Annual Rate Table tab. From the annual percentage tables (Figure 1), for each bracket enter the maximum amount to which the rate applies and the tax rate.
When you are done, the screen should look like this:
Figure 3a - CO State Single Tax Table (Deduction and Exemption Information)
Figure 3b - CO State Single Tax Table (Annual Rate Table)
Follow the instructions just described for the married withholding table.
PCPlus V 11/11.1, PCPlus V 11.5/11.55, PowerChurch Online
state tax table, tax table, taxes
Last updated: 02/15/2019