How Do I Update My Connecticut Tax Tables?
Where do I find the tax tables?
Which tables do I use?
Use the tables and information outlined in the "Withholding Calculation Rules." The instructions below will explain how to setup a CT tax table within PowerChurch Plus.
Note that the figures shown in this document are for demonstration purposes only, and may not be current. Please consult the current publication for the most up-to-date information. Though the figures change periodically, the method of calculation should remain the same. If the calculation method has changed for this state please notify the webmaster.
How to setup/update the tables in PowerChurch Plus
To setup/update a CT tax table within PowerChurch Plus, select the Accounting menu, Payroll, Setup, then Maintain Tax Tables. A separate table will need to be created for each withholding code (A, B, C, D, and F. See Line 1 from Form CT-W4).
Click Add to enter a new table, or use the Find/Locate buttons to select an existing CT tax table to update. When adding a new table, you will be prompted for the type of tax table you're adding. Select State: Connecticut. For each table, enter the following information:
- Description: Enter a unique name to identify the tax table (for example, "CT State Tax - Code A").
- Tax type: The type of tax in which this table applies. In this instance, select State Tax.
- Table A - Exemptions: Figure 1 shows an example of Table A from the "Withholding Calculation Rules." On the Exemptions tab enter the amounts under the "Less than or equal to" column, followed by the exemption amount.
- Round tax to nearest whole dollar: If required, check this box to round the calculated tax amount to the nearest whole dollar.
Figure 1 - Table A - Exemptions (2016)
- Table B - Withholding: Click on the Withholding tab and enter the amounts from the withholding table to complete the phrases (see Figure 2).
- Table C - 3% Phase Out: Click on the 3% Phase Out tab and enter the amounts from Table C (see Figure 3)
Figure 3 - Table C - 3% Phase Out Table (2016)
- Table D - Tax Recapture: Click on the Recapture tab and enter the amounts from Table D (See figure 4)
Figure 4 - Table D - Tax Recapture (2016)
- Table E - Personal Tax Credits: Click on the Personal Tax Credit tab and enter the amounts from Table E (see figure 5)
Figure 5 - Table E - Personal Tax Credits (2016)
When you are done, the tabs on the new tax table should look like this:
Figure 6a - CT State Tax Table Code A (Exemptions)
Figure 6b - CT State Tax Table Code A (Withholding)
Figure 6c - CT State Tax Table Code A (3% Phase Out)
Figure 6e - CT State Tax Table Code A (Personal Tax Credit)
Follow the instructions just described for withholding codes B, C, D, and F.
Note: On Form CT-W4 an employee may elect an additional withholding amount or reduce the withholding amount each pay period (Line 2 or Line 3). This amount can be entered as a positive or negative into the Additional Withholding field when you setup the CT State tax item for the employee.
PCPlus V 11/11.1, PCPlus V 11.5/11.55, PowerChurch Online
state tax table, tax table, taxes
Last updated: 02/10/2020