How Do I Update My Delaware Tax Tables?
Where do I find the tax tables?
Which tables do I use?
Use the tables from the "Withholding Methods Based on Annualized Wages." Figure 1 shows an excerpt from those instructions.
Note that the figures shown in this document are for demonstration purposes only, and may not be current. Please consult the current publication for the most up-to-date information. Though the figures change periodically, the method of calculation should remain the same. If the calculation method has changed for this state please notify the webmaster.
Figure 1 - 2014 Annual Percentage Table
How to setup/update the tables in PowerChurch Plus
To setup/update PowerChurch Plus with the state tax table shown in Figure 1 above, select the Accounting menu, Payroll, Setup, then Maintain Tax Tables. A separate table will need to be created for the single, married filing jointly, and married filing separate status.
Click Add to enter a new table, or use the Find/Locate buttons to select an existing DE tax table to update. When adding a new table, you will be prompted for the type of tax table you're adding. Select State: Delaware. For each table, enter the following information:
- Description: Enter a unique name to identify the tax table (for example, "DE State Tax - Single").
- Tax type: The type of tax in which this table applies. In this instance, select State Tax.
- Standard deduction: Enter the amount for the standard deduction (amount varies by filing status). This is from step 2 of the "Withholding Methods Based on Annualized Wages" instructions (see Figure 1).
- Personal tax credit: Enter the amount for one personal tax credit. See Figure 1.
- Round tax to nearest whole dollar: If required, check this box to round the calculated tax amount to the nearest whole dollar.
- Annual Rate Table: Click the Annual Rate Table tab. From the rate table shown in step 4 (Figure 1), enter the maximum amount shown under the "Taxable Income Between" column, followed by the tax rate percentage for each bracket.
When you are done, the screen should look like this:
Figure 2a - DE State Tax Single Table (Deduction and Exemption Information)
Figure 2b - DE State Tax Single Table (Annual Rate Table)
PCPlus V 11/11.1, PCPlus V 11.5/11.55, PowerChurch Online
state tax table, tax table, taxes
Last updated: 04/08/2015