How Do I Update My Hawaii Tax Tables?
Where do I find the tax tables?
Which tables do I use?
Use the annual income tax withholding tables found in Part 1 of the Appendix. Figure 1 shows an example.
Note that the figures shown in this document are for demonstration purposes only, and may not be current. Please consult the current publication for the most up-to-date information. Though the figures change periodically, the method of calculation should remain the same. If the calculation method has changed for this state please notify the webmaster.
Figure 1 - Annual Percentage Tables (2013)
How to setup/update the tables in PowerChurch Plus
To setup/update PowerChurch Plus with the state tax tables shown in Figure 1 above, select the Accounting menu, Payroll, Setup, then Maintain Tax Tables. A separate table will need to be created for the single and married table rates.
Click Add to enter a new table, or use the Find/Locate buttons to select an existing HI tax table to update. When adding a new table, you will be prompted for the type of tax table you're adding. Select State: Hawaii. For each table, enter the following information:
- Description: Enter a unique name to identify the tax table (for example, "HI State Tax - Single").
- Tax type: The type of tax in which this table applies. In this instance, select State Tax.
- Withholding allowance: Enter the annual amount for one withholding allowance. This rate is shown in the example of annualized income tax withholding in part 1 of the Appendix.
- Round tax to nearest whole dollar: If required, check this box to round the calculated tax amount to the nearest whole dollar.
- Annual Rate Table: Click the Annual Rate Table tab. From the Single Persons table (table A in Figure 1), enter the figures under the "But not over" column followed by the tax rate percentage for each bracket.
When you are done, the screen should look like this:
Figure 3a - HI State Single Tax Table (Deduction and Exemption Information)
Figure 3b - HI State Single Tax Table (Annual Rate Table)
PCPlus V 11/11.1, PCPlus V 11.5/11.55, PowerChurch Online
state tax table, tax table, taxes
Last updated: 09/05/2019