How Do I Update My Iowa Tax Tables?
Where do I find the tax tables?
Which tables do I use?
Use the Withholding Formula detailed on page 1 on the Witholding Formula and Instructions booklet. The images below show the relevant information to enter in PowerChurch.
Note that the figures shown in this document are for demonstration purposes only, and may not be current. Please consult the current publication for the most up-to-date information. Though the figures change periodically, the method of calculation should remain the same. If the calculation method has changed for this state please notify the webmaster.
How to setup/update the tables in PowerChurch Plus
To setup/update PowerChurch Plus with the state tax table, select the Accounting menu, Payroll, Setup, then Maintain Tax Tables. Only one table will need to be created.
Click Add to enter a new table, or use the Find/Locate buttons to select an existing IA tax table to update. When adding a new table, you will be prompted for the type of tax table you're adding. Select State: Iowa. For each table, enter the following information:
- Description: Enter a unique name to identify the tax table (for example, "IA State Tax - 0 or 1").
- Tax type: The type of tax in which this table applies. In this instance, select State Tax.
- Standard deduction: Enter the amount for the annual standard deduction. This figure is found in a table under the computer formula instructions (see Figure 1).
Figure 1 - 2019 Standard Deduction
- Deduction Per Allowance: Enter the amount for one withholding allowance. Figure 2 shows an example of the table where this is found.
Figure 2 - 2019 Deduction Per Allowance
- Round tax to nearest whole dollar: If required, check this box to round the calculated tax amount to the nearest whole dollar.
- Annual Rate Table: Click the Annual Rate Table tab. From the rate table shown in Figure 3, enter the figures under the "But not over" column, followed by the tax rate (as a percentage) for each bracket.
Figure 3 - 2019 Annual Rates
When you are done, the screen should look like this:
Figure 4 - 2019 Deduction and Exemption Information
Figure 5 - 2019 Annual Rate Table
PCPlus V 11/11.1, PCPlus V 11.5/11.55, PowerChurch Online
state tax table, tax table, taxes
Last updated: 01/11/2021