How Do I Update My Louisiana Tax Tables?
Where do I find the tax tables?
Which tables do I use?
The LA "Income Tax Withholding Formulas" at first glance looks very confusing. However, there is only a few pieces of information you will need to create the tax table in PowerChurch Plus. The instructions and figures below will show you what you need to know. Figure 1 shows an excerpt from those instructions.
Note that the figures shown in this document are for demonstration purposes only, and may not be current. Please consult the current publication for the most up-to-date information. Though the figures change periodically, the method of calculation should remain the same. If the calculation method has changed for this state please notify the webmaster.
Figure 1 - 2022 Withholding Formula for Single or Married Taxpayers Claiming 0 or 1 Personal Exemption
How to setup/update the tables in PowerChurch Plus
To setup/update PowerChurch Plus with the state tax table shown in Figure 1 above, select the Accounting menu, Payroll, Setup, then Maintain Tax Tables. A separate table will need to be created for the single or married taxpayers claiming 0 or 1 personal exemption and for married taxpayers claiming 2 personal exemptions.
Click Add to enter a new table, or use the Find/Locate buttons to select an existing LA tax table to update. When adding a new table, you will be prompted for the type of tax table you're adding. Select State: Louisiana. For each table, enter the following information:
- Description: Enter a unique name to identify the tax table (for example, "LA State Tax - Single").
- Tax type: The type of tax in which this table applies. In this instance, select State Tax.
- Personal exemption: Enter the amount for one personal exemption. Figure 1 above shows $4500 is to be multiplied by the number of personal exemptions claimed (X).
- Dependent credit: Enter the amount for one dependency credit. Figure 1 above shows $1000 is to be multiplied by the number of dependency credits claimed (Y).
- Complete the equation: Amongst the formulas shown in Figure 1, you only need to be concerned with the last formula. Enter the values as shown to complete the equation.
- Round tax to nearest whole dollar: If required, check this box to round the calculated tax amount to the nearest whole dollar.
When you are done, the screen should look like this:
Figure 2 - LA State Tax Single Table
Figure 3 - LA State Tax Married Table
PCPlus V 11/11.1, PCPlus V 11.5/11.55, PCPlus V12/12.2, PowerChurch Online
state tax table, tax table, taxes
Last updated: 01/10/2022