How Do I Update My New Jersey Tax Tables?
Where do I find the tax tables?
Which tables do I use?
Use the annual percentage method tables. There are five different rate tables, A-E. Which table you use is dependent on the employees filing status claimed on form NJ-W4 or Federal form W-4. See the NJ-WT booklet for instructions. Figure 1 shows an example of rate table A.
Note that the figures shown in this document are for demonstration purposes only, and may not be current. Please consult the current publication for the most up-to-date information. Though the figures change periodically, the method of calculation should remain the same. If the calculation method has changed for this state please notify the webmaster.
Figure 1 - 2012 Annual Percentage Tables - Rate A
How to setup/update the tables in PowerChurch Plus
To setup/update PowerChurch Plus with the state tax tables shown in Figure 1 above, select the Accounting menu, Payroll, Setup, then Maintain Tax Tables. A separate table will need to be created for each rate table A-E (or just the ones you need).
Click Add to enter a new table, or use the Find/Locate buttons to select an existing NJ tax table to update. When adding a new table, you will be prompted for the type of tax table you're adding. Select State: New Jersey. For each table, enter the following information:
- Description: Enter a unique name to identify the tax table (for example, "NJ State Tax - Rate A").
- Tax type: The type of tax in which this table applies. In this instance, select State Tax.
- Withholding allowance: Enter the amount for one withholding allowance.
- Round tax to nearest whole dollar: Check this box to round the calculated tax amount to the nearest whole dollar.
- Annual Rate Table: Click the Annual Rate Table tab. From Figure 1, enter the figures from the "But not over" column followed by the tax rate percentage for each bracket.
When you are done, the screen should look like this:
Figure 2a - NJ State Tax Table - Rate A (Deduction and Exemption Information)
Figure 2b - NJ State Tax Table - Rate A (Annual Rate Table)
PCPlus V 11/11.1, PCPlus V 11.5/11.55, PowerChurch Online
state tax table, tax table, taxes
Last updated: 04/08/2015