PowerChurch Plus - Changes By Version
Jump to: Version 12 · Version 11.55 · Version 11.5 · Version 11.1 · Version 11 · Version 10.4 · Version 10 · Version 9 · Version 8.5 · Version 8
Changes made in Version 12(released November 2017) - View the complete list
Family Mailing List & Personal Profiles
- Default privacy options for e-mail addresses
- Print all available phone numbers on reports
- Edit Personal Statuses of family members from one location
- Send Family Update Forms via e-mail
- Average Age Report
- Large Print Church Directory layout
- Profile Age Range Report
- Personal Profiles Setup shows count of people with each date field assigned
- Merge two activities together
- Import Activities from CSV
- Record Attendance Present Count
- Delete Old Attendance Data can save as present counts
- Choose a different date/activity from Fast Data Entry
- Fast Data Entry screen shows total present count as you enter
- Send e-mail message to a group in Attendance
- Average Age Report in Activities
- Class Family Directory report now can be consolidated into a single report
- Attendance Statistics by Personal Status report
- Service Type is now a custom code field
- Defined Custom Codes report in Ministry Services
- Defined Custom Codes report in Visitations
- Consolidated Reports menu in Membership
- Option to include unlisted contact information on reports
- Define range of inactive envelope numbers
- Send e-mail message to a group
- Envelope Numbers List report optionally shows combined names, rather than individuals
- Import Contribution Funds from CSV
- Pledge is now a user-definable term
- Import Pledges from CSV
- Print labels with only name and envelope
- User permission to view only Contribution Summary Graphs in Membership
- View Posted Contributions shows combined envelope names
- Contributor Age Range report
- Those Who Gave Last Year, But Not This Year report
- Those Who Pledged Last Year, But Not This Year report
- Fund Descriptions report now shows active/inactive flag
- Bank Deposit Slip report now prompts for deposit date
- Import signature image for Canadian Tax Receipts
- E-mailed Contribution Statement/Tax Receipt PDF is write protected
- E-mail Pledge Statements
- Defined Custom Codes report
- Make Accounting Fund inactive
- Merge Accounting Funds
- Reopen a closed month
- Unlimited number of open months
- Budget comparison reports switches +/- figures for income vs. expense accounts
- Maintain Donor Restrictions shows related accounts
- Reconcile Bank Accounts - Shows account number and name on the screen
- Reconcile Bank Accounts - Horizontal resize bar between Deposits and Checks lists
- Print Monthly Balance report from Maintain Chart of Accounts activity tab
- View Posted Transactions - Print Transaction Detail report
- Quick Check - Add vendor and invoice on the fly while printing a check
- Redesigned Void a Check process
- Change an invoice to manual check and vice versa
- Print 1096 form
- Import Vendors from CSV
- Void and Reissue a check from Vendors History tab
- Print Payment Details report from Vendor History tab
- Change a vendor or amount and the transaction details grid updates
- Vendors now have Corporate Name, Sole Proprietor, and Country fields
- E-mail Invoices
- E-mail Account Statements
- E-mail Payment Statements
- Add customer and invoice on the fly when adding a payment
- Reverse Payments
- Void Invoices
- Import Customers from CSV
- Bank Deposit Slip report
- Make a customer inactive
- Merge customers
- E-mail message to a group
- E-mail paystubs (password protected PDF)
- Auto-format Social Security Numbers
- Send e-mail message to a group
- Clergy Salary tax option on income items
- Print approved W2s/W3 on plain paper
- Import Employees from CSV
- 941 Calculation report
- Save edited W3 information
- Consolidated Reports menu in Accounting
- Laser top check layout now formatted for compatibility with QuickBooks check stock
- Add photos of equipment items
- Import Equipment Inventory from CSV
- ISBN Lookup
- Web/URL field
- Auto-complete fields
- Import Education Library items from CSV
- ISBN Lookup
- Type and Group custom code fields
- Web/URL field
- Auto-complete fields
- Import Music Library items from CSV
- Web/URL field
- Import Sermons from CSV
- Consolidated Reports menu in Record Keeping
- Import Predefined Tasks from CSV
- Import Rooms from CSV
- Auto-format phone numbers (with format options)
- Optionally encrypt backup zip files
- Installation allows upgrade or restore directly from a backup
- New Navigation List feature added to many Maintain screens
- Crystal Reports version upgraded to allow MS Word-safe export of RTF and editable RTF file types
- Remembers the zoom level in Report Viewer
- Print a report of User Profiles & Permissions
- Configure Send E-mail button to send e-mail from PowerChurch or local mail client
- Defined Custom Codes reports in all modules now show count of times each code is used
- Fiscal Year option in report date selection lists
- Individual quarters in report date selection lists
- PowerChurch Today - Increase selections to 45 days
Changes made in Version 11.55(released October 2013) - View the complete list
- Maintain Personal Profiles added Automated Messaging Service preferences
- Birthdays & Anniversaries report now has Marital Status selection for anniversaries (to exclude widow/widower)
- Birthdays & Anniversaries report now has option to include e-mail address
- Most Personal Profile reports and selections now have Envelope Number and Directory Sequence selections
- Church Directory report now has selections for Tagged Families and Mailing Category
- Church Directory - Booklet layout renamed to Half Page layout
- New Allergy & Medical Information report in Personal Profiles
- Selected Names, Addresses, & Phones report now has Select All/Clear All buttons
- Maintain Activity & Skill Descriptions - Members tab now shows Promotion Year
- New Class Family Directory report
- New Allergy & Medical Information report in Activities & Skills
- Attendance Register Form - Full Details Layout - Include parent phone number
- Option to not apply contribution to a pledge from Enter Contributions/Modify Unposted Contributions
- New Yearly Totals By Envelope report
- New Yearly Comparison report
- Default "no goods or services" message added to Contribution Statements
- Condensed Statements For Office report renamed to Contribution Summary report
- Select accounts by report level when copying accounts from another fund
- Add New Account assistant skips the Accounting Funds prompt if only one fund
- Option to change default journal code for Fund Accounting module
- View Posted Transactions - New filter options for Module and Entered By
- View Posted Transactions now displays originating module
- Print memo line on check from vendor and invoices
- New Vendor List report
- E-file the 941 form
- Maintain List of Employees - Check History tab now shows Pay Period
- Maintain List of Employees - Pay Items tab now shows Tax Table
- Create Accounting Audit Log event when tax tables are modified
- Item Summary report now optionally includes unposted transactions
- Unposted Payroll report now has date selection
- New option in e-mail setup to "Send a copy to this address"
- Current Quarter and Prior Quarter added to date selection dropdowns
- Last Sunday added to date selection dropdowns
- Jump to a specific page in the Report Viewer
- Many individual forms and reports optimized for better handling large data sets
- Reporting system overall optimized for better handling large data sets and aggressive/slow antivirus scanning
- Passwords menu option changed to Passwords & Permissions
- Create Automated Messaging Service File replaced Phonetree functionality
- CSV export from Mailing Label Options screen for use with third party services
Changes made in Version 11.5(released November 2011) - View the complete list
- Family Attendance and Contributions summary graph on Family Mailing List and Integrated Data Entry
- Merge Duplicate Profiles utility combines Activities, Attendance, and Contribution information for two Personal Profiles
- Copy family picture to profile and crop to the individual
- Attendance and Contribution graphs added to the Personal Profiles screen
- Move Profile utility now has option to create a new family or move to existing family
- Maintain Activity/Skill Descriptions screen now displays members of the activity, attendance history, and offices served
- Contact History log allows you to view contact history (e-mail, mailing labels, mail merge, phonetree, contribution statements, etc.) on each family and individual
- Redesigned Add Family Assistant adds family and individuals in a much more efficient manner. Also used in Attendance and Contributions.
- Membership Audit Log tracks when information is deleted, moved, or merged
- Olan Mills processes updated to the latest standards and allow importing pictures from disc
- Daily Column Layout added to the Attendance Register Form
- Maintain List of Contribution Funds screen shows monthly totals graph/details
- Select posting month automatically from transaction date in Contributions, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll
- New Budget Entry screen allows you to work with multiple accounts at a time
- The Maintain List of Accounting Funds screen now shows the accounts used in each fund. Also allows you to copy accounts from another fund at any time.
- Reprint a pay stub at any time from Maintain List of Employees in Payroll
- New Salary History report added in Payroll
- Save and recall e-mail templates
- Toggle between visual e-mail editor and HTML code
- Automated backups possible now using Windows Scheduled Tasks
- All built-in reports now properly print special and accented characters
- Picture quality is significantly improved in printed reports like Church Directory
- Receipt number now consecutive and unique
- View receipt numbers of previously printed receipts
- "Church" terminology changed to "Charity"
Changes made in Version 11.1(released November 2010) - View the complete list
- Sync e-mail addresses to your Constant Contact account
- Print 941 forms directly from Payroll
- Export PowerChurch Plus database to an Access MDB file
Changes made in Version 11(released December 2009) - View the complete list
- Family Mailing List and Integrated Data Entry screens display Visitations records
- Personal Profiles screen displays Activities, Attendance, Contributions, and Ministry Services records
- Integration with Protect My Ministry to provide background checks for adults in selected activities
- Class Promotions added to easily move people from one activity to the next, such as Sunday School graduation
- Memo (note) field added to Contribution entry
- Designated Contributions tracking added for things like memorials and missionary support
- Repeating invoices added to Accounts Receivable
- Sync Events to Google Calendar
- Integration with PowerChurch Check In, an add-on product
- Time Off tracking
- 941 Deposit Report assistant
- Process Contributions deductions from Payroll checks
- Record printed checks, manual checks, and direct deposit transactions all at once
- Integration with Protect My Ministry to provide employee background checks
Changes made in Version 10.4(released November 2007) - View the complete list
- Filtering options on the Locate lists in Family Mailing List and Personal Profiles.
- Adult Y/N field is now automatically updated according to birth date.
- Include account numbers on Balance Sheet and Income & Expense Statement.
- Print and Post selected transactions in Accounts Payable.
- Combine multiple A/P vendors together using Reassign Vendor ID.
- Combine multiple Contribution Funds together using Reassign Fund Number.
- Bulk e-mails now support SSL and TLS security.
- Backup to and Restore from DVD and DVD/CD combo drives.
- Automatic Maintenance Release notifications in the program.
- Added support for tractor-feed printing, even for Windows 2000 and newer users.
Changes made in Version 10(released November 2006) - View the complete list
- Event Scheduling module. Reserve rooms and equipment, assign tasks, send e-mail notifications and publish calendars.
- PowerChurch Today brings time-sensitive data to your attention at program startup.
- Searchable Membership Contact List
- Quick Tagging screens allow you to easily tag Membership records.
- Print account distributions on Accounts Payable checks
- Customizable Contribution Types. No longer limited to Cash or Check.
- Repeating Contributions allow you to record scheduled giving.
- Quick Tasks menu provides a customizable "shortcut bar".
- Backup to and Restore from a local folder on any drive.
Changes made in Version 9(released September 2004) - View the complete list
- The Fund Accounting module was completely rewritten with the following changes:
- Now holds multiple years of accounting detail
- Change or combine account numbers mid-year
- Tracking for donor restricted funds
- You can now have up to 12 months open at a time
- You can now print information on the memo line of Accounts Payable checks.
- Bulk e-mails now allow file attachments and HTML formatting.
- Send Contribution Statements by e-mail to selected contributors.
Changes made in Version 8.5(released September 2002) - View the complete list
- Send an e-mail message to a group of Personal Profiles and Activities & Skills.
- Prints 1099-MISC forms for Accounts Payable vendors.
- Backup directly to a CD-R/RW drive.
- Internet Mapping for member addresses - Choose from Mapquest or Yahoo! maps.
- Enter Attendance with a standard barcode wand. (Additional hardware is required.)
- Enter contributions using a MICR check reader. (Additional hardware is required.)
- E-mail address is now available on all layouts of the Church Directory.
- Use the new external reindex utility with Windows Scheduler to reindex automatically.
- "Manufacturer" and "Model Number" fields have been added to Equipment Inventory.
- Added customizable background images on the PowerChurch desktop.
Changes made in Version 8(released March 2001) - View the complete list
- The reporting system was redesigned, using Crystal Reports for more professional reporting.
- 20 new and improved reports
- New phone number fields: three for each family and five for each personal profile.
- Added e-mail address field. In addition, the e-mail address has been added to several reports.
- Automatically switch to the alternate address for the time period you specify.
- Allows an unlimited number of debits and credits in accounting transactions.
- Popup calendars were added to make entering dates easier.
- Allows multiple pledges for the same contributor.
- Added the ability to record check numbers in Contributions.
- Unlimited notes fields added on both the family and profiles screens.